USAID Adolescent Reproductive Health Project
USAID किशोरकिशोरी प्रजनन स्वास्थ्य कार्यक्रम
USAID Adolescent Reproductive Health (ARH) is a five-year program supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) led by CARE Nepal and in partnership with the Association of Youth Organizations Nepal (AYON), Howard Delafield International (HDI), Jhpiego, and Nepal CRS Company (Nepal CRS). USAID ARH is an adolescent co-led initiative to empower girls and boys, 10-19 years, including the most marginalized, to attain their ARH rights. The primary goal of USAID ARH is to support adolescents to reach their full potential and strengthen public systems and private entities to create an enabling environment for healthy ARH behaviors. Adolescence is a complex developmental stage where physical, psychological, and social changes are occurring which lay the foundation for the transition from childhood to adulthood. USAID ARH aims to contribute to a healthy, resilient, well-nourished population in Nepal.
Funding Partner: USAID/CARE Nepal
Project Duration: June 2022 to May 2027
Project Area: Dhanusha District 8 Municipalities:
- Ganeshman Charnath Municipality
- Dhanushadham Municipality
- Sabaila Municipality
- Mithala Bihari Municipality
- Hansapur Municipality
- Kamala Municipality
- Shahidnagar Municipality
- Chhireshwornath Municipality.
- किशोरी: १० – १४ वर्ष
- किशोरी: १५ – १९ वर्ष
- किशोर: १० – १९ वर्ष
- स्वास्थ आमा समुह (गर्भवती तथा विवाहित किशोरीहरु)
- महिला स्वास्थ स्वयं सेविकाहरु
- विवाहित किशोरीका श्रीमानहरु
- प्रभावशाली युवा युवतीहरु (अभिभावक, सामाजिक अगुवाई गर्ने व्यक्तिहरु, बुवा समुह, धार्मिक व्यक्तिहरु)
- बिद्यालय सरोकारवालाहरु (शिक्षक तथा व्यवस्थापन समिति)
- स्वास्थ संस्था तथा स्वास्थ कर्मीहरु (सरकारी तथा निजि)
Power of Communities: Future Human Capitals
For the adolescent: With the adolescent
Key Objective of the Intervention:
Goal: To support adolescents in Nepal to reach their full potential by choosing and practicing healthy reproductive behaviors
Objective 1: Increased adoption of healthy behaviours by adolescents facilitated by positive social norms at community and household levels.
To provide accurate, relevant FP/RH information and behaviour change support to adolescents; and educate their parents, teachers, and communities, addressing current social norms; to facilitate healthy reproductive health decisions and adoption of healthy behaviours by adolescents.
Objective 2: Improved availability and accessibility of quality FP/RH services and products for adolescents.
To improve availability and accessibility of quality FP/RH services for adolescents by identifying and addressing key gaps in current services and in systems that determine effective access and utilization of adolescent-friendly services and products.
Objective 3: Successful data-driven approaches to address ARH institutionalized through the public and private sectors.
To institutionalize successful data-driven approaches and mechanisms addressing adolescent reproductive health through the public and private sectors.
- Adolescents have an increased understanding of their reproductive health, and life skills to make healthy decisions, and are supported to adopt healthy behaviors
- Community members provide greater support to adolescents for healthy ARH services and products
- Adolescent-responsive RH services and products are available and accessible to adolescents.
- Local/Municipal governments fund and manage independently for key successful ARH approaches.
- Private entities implement and maintain key successful ARH approaches.
- Adolescents experienced improved reproductive health and wellbeing.