With Nepal’s recent switch to a Federal state, ASN promotes governance through people’s participation so that the socially marginalized and economically poor citizens have access to accountable governmental services and actively participate in inclusive local development processes. Since 2018, the organization in support of donors EU & BMZ/ WHH and LWF have worked in two municipalities from each of Siraha, Saptari & Rautahat district through the projects:
- Promoting citizen empowerment & inclusive democracy in 2 municipalities of Rautahat & Saptari.
- Promoting citizen empowerment & inclusive democracy in Province 2
- Local Initiative for Community Empowerment and Development (LICED)
HOW WE WORK?
- Support the local government to deliver citizen-friendly and accountable services.
- Strengthen the capacity of local CBOs and CSOs
- Enhance the knowledge and skill of CBOs to engage in local planning and decision- making
- Empower citizens/ community peoples by enabling their involvement in planning, budgeting, and decisionmaking
- Bridge the gap between the community members and the government
- Youth-led CSOs to engage in policy and governance processes
- To contribute to enhanced citizens’ participation in sub-national good governance in Province 2.
Projects under Governance
Promoting citizen empowerment & inclusive democracy in 2 municipalities of Rautahat & Saptari (UTTHAN)
- Implemented Districts: Rautahat , Saptari
- Funding Partner: Welthungerhilife
- Duration: 1 August-2018- 31 July 2021
- Target Beneficiaries: Improved Living conditions of disadvantaged population groups in areas of hygiene nutrition and social protection
- Project Objectives: living conditions of disadvantaged population groups in the areas of hygiene, nutrition and social protection in the communities of Rajpur, Rautahat District and Dakneshwori, Saptari District have improved through increased citizen participation.
- Implemented Districts: Rautahat, Siraha and Saptari
- Funding Partner: European Union
- Duration: Jan 2019-Dec 2022
- Target Beneficiaries: Most marginalized people (10,685 Dalit including 10,225 Musahar and 460 Dom) and 32,560 Muslim citizen
- Project Objectives: Promoting citizen to marginalized people