Aasaman Nepal (ASN) ‘A pioneer organization for education and nutrition’, is one of the leading Terai based NGOs led and managed by social activists since its establishment in Dhanusha, Janakpur in 1999. ASN has been engaged in developing and implementing programs aimed at protection, promotion and fulfillment of child rights in Nepal. Currently ASN has been working in 17 districts under 6 Thematic Areas as: Education/Child Protection, Women Empowerment, Livelihood/ Natural Resource Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Health/ Nutrition and Good Governance.
Aasaman Nepal in partnership with Street Child of Nepal and funding of Unione Buddhista Italiana is planning to implement a project “Innovative Pedagogies to Support Foundational Learning” in 40 schools of two palikas of Kapilvastu district; Buddhabhumi Municipality and Suddhodhan Rural Municipality, Kapilvastu, Province- Lumbini.
The Aasaman Nepal is looking for the self-motivated, result oriented and hard-working Nepali citizen for the following positions:
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – 1 (Lumbini Province)
•Design the monitoring and evaluation mechanism for the project
• Collect and analyze the data, prepare logical report and submit to Project Coordinator (PC)
• Overall data management, verification and reporting
• Frequent visit to the project area
• Orient the project staff on field level monitoring, and data collection methods
• Prepare monthly narrative reports and submit to the PC
• Collection and finalize case studies, best practices and learning
• Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and Impact of the project
• Ensure smooth operation of the project by providing necessary support to the team
• Coordination with palika to implement activities and ensure achievement of the project
• Any other project works directed by project coordinator
• Monitor sustainability of the Project Results along with monitoring and evaluation of overall progress on achievement of results
Qualification, Skills and Knowledges:
Bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized institute with 3-5 years of experiences in working with I/NGOs in the similar field.
- Social Workers – 4 (Lumbini Province)
• Facilitate to deliver the life skills class
• Support the project team in network formations
• Facilitate to provide training to network members
• Support the network to organize events
• Support and coordinate with the palika to formulate GIEN (Girls Inclusive Education Network) network at palika level
• Play an influential role to organize advocacy events
• Support the gender focal teacher in schools
• Represent organization in the working area and establish smooth relationship with stakeholders of the working area.
• Share and update the progress activities and challenges with the project team.
• Inform and share regularly about the meeting, regular activities, training and different events of the program with the schools, community and other stakeholders.
Qualification, Skills and Knowledges:
Completed the Proficiency Certificate Level or 10+2 with two years of work experience in the related field. The candidate must have a valid motorbike/scooter license and be willing to travel in the community frequently.
Languages: Strong command of Nepali, English (oral and written) and local language preferred/required.
Aasaman Nepal has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we are protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
Other Attributes for all positions: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
Women and members of ethnic or marginalized communities are encouraged to apply for this positions.
Age Limit: Candidates between 21 years to 45 years are only eligible to apply for the above position, depending upon the nature of job they will carry.
All employees must adhere to child safeguarding in person’s provisions covered in the project agreement.
Monitor staff and partners’ and ensure adherence to Aasaman Nepal’s policies and internal procedures, protocols, Aasaman Nepal’s code of Conduct with special attention to Safeguarding Standards and Procedure, Case Handling Framework, Child Protection and Do No Harm Policies. Also, immediate reporting and redress of any complaints and issues based on its severity.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application filled by downloading the link below along with an updated CV by 7 days 11/12/2022.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the recruitment process. No telephone enquiry is entertained. ASN reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.