ASN has been implementing Reducing child, early and forced marriage (R-CEFM) Project partnering with Break through action/JHU-CCP in Rautahat and Mahottari District. The main objective of the project is Capacity building of the local government; implementation of activities/initiatives to reduce CEFM; facilitate for the non-formal education of adolescent’s girls including boys; Community level campaigns and advocacy program to educate and inform the local community on the consequences of CEFM.
The Aasaman Nepal is looking for self-motivated, result oriented, and hard-working Nepali citizens for the following positions:
- Position: District Coordinator- 1 Nos
Duty Station: Mahottari
- Support to plan and organize capacity building activities (training, orientations, exchange visits) for LCRCs and municipal officials.
- Support Women, Children and Senior Citizen Section in coordination with Social
- Development Officer to facilitate the quarterly reflection meetings of ward chairs and
- secretaries at municipality level (6 municipalities)
- Support the implementation of SBC for R-CEFM activities allocated through the local planning process for systematic planning, advocacy, implementation, and monitoring.
- Support monitoring of the implementation of the solutions generated from the HCD process as per the detailed-out plan including qualitative assessments.
- Support the municipality and wards in the implementation of activities selected by wards and municipalities for this fiscal year which seems to be effective based on the monitoring indicators who have not selected activities on their own.
- Provide technical support to WCSC section for timely and systematic implementation of RCEFM activities planned by the municipality
- Support LCRC to further engage them in SBC for R-CEFM initiatives, including the planning and testing of activities identified from the HCD process.
- Support WCSC to organize regular LCRC meetings with set agenda.
- Support WCSC section to support the initiation, and to continue to measure and document their own child marriage rates through LCRC / WCRC using the already developed monitoring guidance.
- Support the WCSC focal person in compiling the CEFM status data collected by wards.
- Support the WCSC focal person in the monitoring quality of data of the data collected.
- Support the WCRC to review the status of CEFM periodically. project review meeting with
- Support the RCEFM Palika package utilization and the refinement by the municipality and wards in their process of planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation progress based on project learnings and pretest findings and document feedback and learning experiences for the implementation to refine the R-CEFM Palika package.
- Ensure physical verification of goods and assets under project on time.
Qualification and Experience Required:
- Bachelor Degree in Social science, law and social studies.
- At least three years of experience on child protection and social mobilization field
- Working experience on Child Marriage Reduction in Madhes Province would be added advantage
- Excellent skills in training manual development, training delivery reporting, and computer (MS-office, email, internet) skills.
- Excellent communication, coordination, and staff management skills
- Strong communication skills in Nepali and English
- Facilitation skills
Languages: Strong command of Nepali, English (oral and written) and local language preferred/required.
Aasaman Nepal has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we are protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
Other Attributes for all positions: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
Age Limit: Candidates between 21 years to 45 years are only eligible to apply for the above position, depending upon the nature of job they will carry.
All employees must adhere to child safeguarding in person’s provisions covered in the project agreement.
Monitor staff and partners’ and ensure adherence to Aasaman Nepal’s policies and internal procedures, protocols, Aasaman Nepal’s code of Conduct with special attention to Safeguarding Standards and Procedure, Case Handling Framework, Child Protection and Do No Harm Policies. Also, immediate reporting and redress of any complaints and issues based on its severity.
- Women and members of ethnic or marginalized communities are encouraged to apply for this position.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the further process.
- Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application filled by downloading the link below along with an updated CV by 7 days 25/06/2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the recruitment process. No telephone enquiry is entertained. ASN reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.