Aasaman Nepal (ASN) ‘A pioneer organization for education and nutrition’, is one of the leading Terai based NGOs led and managed by social activists since its establishment in Dhanusha, Janakpur in 1999. ASN has been engaged in developing and implementing programs aimed at protection, promotion and fulfillment of child rights in Nepal. Currently ASN has been working in 17 districts under 6 Thematic Areas as: Education/Child Protection, Women Empowerment, Livelihood/ Natural Resource Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Health/ Nutrition and Good Governance.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
ASN has been implementing SHASHAKTA Project partnering with Kindernothilfe (KNH), Nepal in Dhanusha district from 2018 and currently looking for the following experienced and dynamic team player for the aforementioned project in Dhanusha district.
The project uses the right based Self Help Group (SHG) Approach and has its various interventions focused to enhance the living standard of women, young mothers, married girls, and children through their social, economic & political empowerment.
1. Position: Project Coordinator- 1Nos
Duty Station: Janakpur with frequent field visit to project palika
Key Responsibilities: Administer overall programme effectiveness through coordination and implementation of the planned activities as per the project specification.
- Ensure smooth operation of the project by providing necessary support to the team members of the project at the field & the district level.
- Ensure continuous supervision and monitoring of the tasks assigned to the community facilitators.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders, Provincial government & local government authorities, NGO’s, and partners.
- Review and evaluate project documentation including yearly and quarterly work plans, communication, materials, budget, preparation for meetings, and other written materials.
- Ensure accountability towards government authorities by sharing project target, budget, progress as well as delivery approaches.
- Represent the organization at different forums, platforms, networks, and consortium and ensure meaningful participation.
- Oversee the implementation of project activities in coordination with management functions (monitoring and evaluation, follow-up, supervision, publication, communication, and training).
- Prepare and compile quarterly, semi-annual, and annual progress reports, data sheet, study reports, monitoring reports, for submission to the donor agency.
- Proactively participate in project planning meetings and meetings with relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare training materials and manage the training of the program according to the schedule including the adaptation of guidelines and curriculum.
- Plan for regular visits to support the staff and M&E of the program.
- Guiding the project team (Project Officer and Community Facilitator) for the proper implementation of project output for intended Impact.
- Fulfill other appropriate level responsibilities as defined by the Project.
Qualification and Experience Required:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in social science, development studies and related field with at least 3 years of relevant working experience, particularly in women empowerment, covering the significant aspects of the job preferably with NGO experience in project implementation.
- Excellent skills in community facilitation, empowerment, training delivery, report writing, and computer (Ms-office, email, internet) skills.
- Excellent communication, coordination, and staff management skills
- Strong communication skills in Nepali and English
- Facilitation skills
Knowledge of English (oral and written) and local language
Aasaman has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we are protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
Other Attributes for all positions: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
Age Limit: Candidates between 21 years to 55 years are only eligible to apply for the above position, depending upon the nature of job they will carry.
All employees must adhere to child safeguarding in person’s provisions covered in the project agreement.
Monitor staff and partners’ and ensure adherence to Aasaman Nepal’s policies and internal procedures, protocols, Aasaman Nepal’s code of Conduct with special attention to Safeguarding Standards and Procedure, Case Handling Framework, Child Protection and Do No Harm Policies. Also, immediate reporting and redress of any complaints and issues based on its severity.
Competent candidates from disadvantaged groups and inhabitants of the project districts will be given priority.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application along with an updated CV by 7 days (3 January 2024) in the provided link below.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the recruitment process. No telephone enquiry is entertained.
ASN reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.