Aasaman Nepal (ASN) ‘A pioneer organization for education and nutrition’, is one of the leading Terai based NGOs led and managed by social activists since its establishment in Dhanusha, Janakpur in 1999. ASN has been engaged in developing and implementing programs aimed at protection, promotion and fulfillment of child rights in Nepal. Currently ASN has been working in 17 districts under 6 Thematic Areas as: Education/Child Protection, Women Empowerment, Livelihood/ Natural Resource Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Health/ Nutrition and Good Governance.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
Aasaman Nepal (ASN) ‘A pioneer organization for education and nutrition’, is one of the leading Terai based NGOs led and managed by social activists since its establishment in Dhanusha, Janakpur in 1999. ASN has been engaged in developing and implementing programs aimed at protection, promotion and fulfillment of child rights in Nepal. Currently ASN has been working in 16 districts under 6 Thematic Areas as: Education/Child Protection, Women Empowerment, Livelihood/ Natural Resource Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Health/ Nutrition and Good Governance.
ASN with funding support from Save the Children will be implementing the Project Knowledge Hub for Uplifting Socio-economically marginalized children and families through actions in Education and Economic Empowerment (KHUSEE)*. The project on basic education and income generation aims at increasing children’s access to inclusive and quality education through economic empowerment of family and governance support as the main goal which will be achieved through three outcomes: I. Increased learning continuity of children from the poor and marginalized families, II. Improved accessibility, quality education and academic achievement of children, III. Sustained good governance in schools and municipalities. ASN is looking forward self-motivated, result oriented and hard-working Nepali citizen for the following positions:
1. Position: Education Coordinator- One
1. Project Implementation
- Position needs to lead the overall Basic Education program with providing strategic and managerial leadership the district including project designing, planning, budgeting, implementation at the district working closely with the project team.
- Delivery of Basic education programs (Literacy and Numeracy Boost and Remedial Classes) by maximizing the impact as per the project strategy and best utilizing the available resources to attain education goal.
- Ensure adequate managerial and technical support to the field level staffs to implement detail implementation plan and phased budget.
2. Capacity Building:
- Capacity building of Palika people, teachers, SMC members, community people through various approaches of training, orientation, and workshop closing working with the project team and coordination with Palikas as per needs.
- Capacity building to staff through orientation, mentoring, coaching and on the spot support.
- Organize different education related trainings by coordination and collaboration with Palika, ETCU, Provincial-level education training Center.
- Provide the technical support to education team as per need
- Prepare details implement plan, training materials and manage the training/events of the program according to the schedule including the adaptation of guidelines and curriculum.
- Conduct the Literacy and Numeracy Boost program
3. Coordination and linkage
- Coordinate with province, local government authorities, consultants, and other non-governmental organizations to create collaborative efforts.
- Establish the coordination and linkage with Palikas, schools, and other organizations for effective program implementation.
- Organize the coordination meetings, seminars and workshops with Palikas, schools and other groups.
- Provide support to a team member to establish linkage and coordination with the Palikas and schools.
- Ensure the quality program implementation at the field through different monitoring of observation, field monitoring,
- Monitor the budget vs. expenses and plan vs achievement tracking every month through project tracking.
- Ensure accountability towards government authorities by sharing project target, budget, progress as well as delivery approaches.
- Develop and implementation the Quality Bench March and ensure it effectively implementation.
- Compile exemplary practices, real case stories capturing the project success and take lead in disseminating learning of the project targeting to stakeholders.
- Oversee the implementation of project activities in coordination with management functions (monitoring and evaluation, follow-up, supervision, publication, communication, and training).
- Prepare and compile quarterly, semi-annual, and annual progress reports, study reports, monitoring reports, for submission to the donor agency.
- Verify and finalize monthly, quarterly, and annual reports including validating programmatic and financial reports and ensure timely submission of agreed reports.
- Organize joint monitoring with Palikas to ensure the quality program and maximum utilization of resources.
Qualification and required skills:
Master’s Degree in Education or Social Science discipline with five years of work experience in Basic Education. The candidate must have a valid motorbike/scooter license and be willing to travel in the community frequently.
2. Position: Child Poverty Coordinator- One
- Child Poverty Coordinator should technically lead for Child Poverty component of the project at PNGOs.
- Provides overall technical backstopping to Livelihood officers to execute child poverty activities, training need assessment and capacity building of technicians in the areas of agriculture and non-agriculture livelihoods, coordination with municipalities and private sectors while planning and implementation of the activities
- Ensure increased technical and funding collaborations from municipalities, private sectors and district level line agencies and likeminded organizations.
- Ensure adequate understanding of the thematic plan and approaches by staff and stakeholders and provide necessary technical guidance to them for smooth implementation of project activities.
- Quality delivery of the project activities including training, workshop, and support to the targeted community and individual in timely manner for establishing and functionalization of local systems and sustainably.
- Support and facilitation for planning and implementation of project activities properly ensuring the monitoring.
- Support and facilities for proper management of financial transactions referring to the compliances.
- Work closely with the local government, civil society organizations and ensure that the coordination with them for smooth implementation of project interventions.
- Support and facilitate the project team for collecting the project progress, challenges and opportunities and report to the partner organization regularly.
Qualification and required skills:
Master’s Degree in Agriculture, Social Science or Rural Development or any other discipline with three years or bachelor’s degree with five years of work experience in Livelihood and income generation related project. Proven knowledge, skills and experiences for building relationships and working in partnership with local government, civil society organizations and maintaining the congenial working relationship with all stakeholders. The candidate must have a valid motorbike/scooter license and be willing to travel in the community frequently.
3. Position: MEAL/ Communication and Documentation Coordinator-One
- Support program/project team in developing MEAL and Communication Plan.
- Ensure proper implementation of MEAL and Communication plan.
- Develop MEAL plan and ensure the planned activities are embedded in project/program plan
- Technically support program/project team in developing monitoring checklist and tools.
- Support program team during project/program planning.
- Conduct quality monitoring against quality benchmark, prepare monitoring visit reports and develop action plan jointly with program team.
- Conduct follow-up monitoring visits to materialize action agreed in action plan tracker are being implemented at field level
- Conduct quarterly output tracking (Variance analysis, source verification & Progress of outputs), prepare a brief report and share with concerned program team.
- Conduct Data Quality Assurance (DQA) at time of survey, prepare a brief report and share with concerned program team.
- Review project tracking report (activities planned vs. achievements) along with the reason for its variance (Monthly).
- Conduct joint monitoring in coordination with program and finance team and produce its report.
- Ensure that the feedback response & action plan tracker have been maintained in the excel database and has also been successfully updated in the OPMIS.
- Support program team/consultants/evaluation team during field visits.
- Support program/project team during baseline, mid-term evaluation, situation analysis and database reporting.
- Support in logistic arrangement for evaluation team during field visits.
- Ensure that all staffs of the organization fully understand and promote accountability in general and to children in particular through training and coaching.
- Establish an effective functional system for complaints/ feedback handling and response mechanisms at organization.
- Designing community sharing tools (pocket/ wall calendar, hoarding boards, master flex prints and radio jingles) in close coordination with SC’s MEAL team.
- Ensure community sharing tools are used properly (pocket calendar with MEAL’s information, master flex print, radio jingles, toll free number and objectives of the activity/ project) with the beneficiaries.
- Ensure that the feedback/Response mechanism issues are addressed on time.
- Ensure the complaints and feedbacks have been successfully and timely updated in the OPMIS.
- Perform regular trend analysis (of various variables present in the FRM recording form) of feedback/response at organization level and share it with program team.
- Conduct preliminary verification and prepare preliminary report in case of serious nature of complaints filed by beneficiaries/ communities.
- Ensure that the complaints/ feedback mechanism guideline has been followed by all staffs within the PNGOs (staffs and board members).
- Conduct complaints satisfaction survey rating (quarterly) and share with program team if required.
- Generate learning on your own and from program team through monitoring visit and activity implementation
- Document all the learning’s in learning log sheet
- Conduct debriefing session among all staff about learning in all staff meeting and develop an action plan following the learning log sheet
- Support program team to incorporate key learning’s in upcoming plan and intervention (Generated through FRM and Action plan tracker)
- Share the progress of leaning in each month during all staff meeting
- Compile at least two case studies related to MEAL good practices.
- Ensure database is fully functional in OPMIS.
- Prepare and disseminate different communication materials as stipulated in program/project document.
- Ensure project related documents are archive at safe and accessible place.
- Document best practices, success stories and case stories of program/project.
- Ensure project reports are fully complying with donor requirements and compliances are embedded in program/project’s reports.
Qualification and required skills:
Bachelor’s degree in state/economics or in any discipline from a recognized institute with 3-5 years of experiences in working with I/NGOs in the similar field. The candidate must have a valid motorbike/scooter license and be willing to travel in the community frequently.
Languages: Strong command of Nepali, English (oral and written) and local language preferred/required.
Aasaman Nepal has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we are protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
Other Attributes for all positions: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
Age Limit: Candidates between 21 years to 55 years are only eligible to apply for the above position, depending upon the nature of job they will carry.
All employees must adhere to child safeguarding in person’s provisions covered in the project agreement.
Monitor staff and partners’ and ensure adherence to Aasaman Nepal’s policies and internal procedures, protocols, Aasaman Nepal’s code of Conduct with special attention to Safeguarding Standards and Procedure, Case Handling Framework, Child Protection and Do No Harm Policies. Also, immediate reporting and redress of any complaints and issues based on its severity.
Competent candidates from disadvantaged groups and inhabitants of the project districts will be given priority.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application filled by downloading the link below along with an updated CV by 7 days 30/11/2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the recruitment process. No telephone enquiry is entertained. ASN reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.