Nutrition advocacy and orientation workshop was organized on 10th & 11th of July 2022 at Gautam Hotel, Madhesh Province. The program was organized by Provincial health directorate, Madhesh Province.
The program was chaired by Mr. Vijay Kumar Jha, Director, Provincial Health Directorate, Chief Guest Mr. Nawal Kishor Shah Honorable Minister, Social Development Ministry, Madhesh Province.
Objectives of the program:
- To advocate leaders and stakeholders on Comprehensive Nutrition Specific Programs (CNSI) and importance of micronutrients to the adolescents, Pregnant and lactating women.
- To contribution on nutrition stakeholders to declare “malnutrition free province”.
- Stake holders from different leaders and social activist working in nutrition
- Mayor/Chairpersons of R/Municipalities
- Health Coordinators R/Municipalities
- Health officers and focal persons for nutrition from Health office
- Reflection of different nutritional intervention implementing in-collaboration with different funding agencies in Madhesh province
- Demonstration of nutrition corner (corner of locally available indigenous food for improvement of nutrition) available in community.
- Sharing good initiative contribution to Nutrition Friendly Local Government (NFLG)