ASN with funding support from Save the Children will be implementing the Project Knowledge Hub for Uplifting Socio-economically marginalized children and families through actions in Education and Economic Empowerment (KHUSEE)*. The project on basic education and income generation aims at increasing children’s access to inclusive and quality education through economic empowerment of family and governance support as the main goal which will be achieved through three outcomes: I. Increased learning continuity of children from the poor and marginalized families, II. Improved accessibility, quality education and academic achievement of children, III. Sustained good governance in schools and municipalities.
ASN is looking forward self-motivated, result oriented and hard-working Nepali citizen for the following position based on Bara District:
1. Position: Logistic Officer- One ( Kalaiya, Bara)
- Develop Annual Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) Plan with close coordination of Program Coordinator, Finance officer and programs staffs.
- Consolidate and analysis of procurement plan and finalized the frameworks agreement as per requirement of different categories.
- Update the procurement tracker and report to Project coordinator.
- Manage and execute procurement of goods and services required for the organization following the guiding principles “Best Value for Money, Transparency, Accountability, Equal and Fair competition”
- Ensure procurement of goods is in high quality, timely and cost-effective adhering to established policy of the organization.
- Support to prepare procurement process and decision to Procurement committee and work together and lead all procurement works as member of secretary.
- Carry out market survey twice a year basis for regular items and analyses the price trend over the period and report to Project coordinator.
- Ensure logistics/procurement policies including compliances are followed all the time and pay attention for making zero non-compliances.
- Update and develop qualified vendor list and monitor maintain record on performance of the vendor
- Develops and maintains an effective working relationship with vendors/suppliers.
- Ensure the entire utility facilities/office equipment/ machineries are running smoothly
- Ensure that the Inventory and assets are recorded and updated and timely report to PC.
- Ensure that required Store Management procedures are compiled with document is maintained.
- Ensure that timely physical verification of fixed assets and inventory are done and reported.
- Supervise the admin and Finance assistant and support staffs’ roles.
- Ensure logistic support in arranging workshop, seminars, and trainings, visits and visitor with support of AFA.
- Ensure vehicles and motorbikes are timely and well maintained with support of AFA.
- Best bargain for repair & maintenance is obtained
- Proper management of vehicles to the request made
- Ensure that vehicle log books are updated and Vehicle Running Costs are analyzed and reported periodically.
- Maintain up to date documents relating to fleet management, insurance and legal requirements.
- Support to distribution of programs supplies, construction and renovations works and documentation of receipts of beneficiaries with support of AFA and project staffs.
- Ensure that both incoming and outgoing mails/documents handling is done on time from/to general post office and outside agencies and DHL, Express Delivery and any other courier services. Also, ensure that these are distributed to the concerned staffs/section/departments.
- Ensure of goods when received and its required documentation. Also checking of goods to be dispatched and preparation of required documents.
Qualification and required skills:
Bachelor’s degree in Business administration or in a related field with 2 years proven Work experience in logistic or supply chain management in development sector. Computer skills, Excellent analytical skills, Good interpersonal, communication skills and organizational skills.
Languages: Strong command of Nepali, English (oral and written) and local language preferred/required.
Aasaman Nepal has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we are protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
Other Attributes for all positions: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
Age Limit: Candidates between 21 years to 45 years are only eligible to apply for the above position, depending upon the nature of job they will carry.
All employees must adhere to child safeguarding in person’s provisions covered in the project agreement.
Monitor staff and partners’ and ensure adherence to Aasaman Nepal’s policies and internal procedures, protocols, Aasaman Nepal’s code of Conduct with special attention to Safeguarding Standards and Procedure, Case Handling Framework, Child Protection and Do No Harm Policies. Also, immediate reporting and redress of any complaints and issues based on its severity.
Competent candidates from disadvantaged groups and inhabitants of the project districts will be given priority.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application filled by downloading the link below along with an updated CV by 7 days 23/05/2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the recruitment process. No telephone enquiry is entertained. ASN reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.