ASN with funding support from Save the Children is implementing the Project Knowledge Hub for Uplifting Socio-economically marginalized children and families through actions in Education and Economic Empowerment (KHUSEE)*. The project on basic education and income generation aims at increasing children’s access to inclusive and quality education through economic empowerment of family and governance support as the main goal which will be achieved through three outcomes:
- Increased learning continuity of children from the poor and marginalized families,
- Improved accessibility, quality education and academic achievement of children,
- Sustained good governance in schools and municipalities.
ASN is looking forward self-motivated, result oriented and hard-working Nepali citizen for the following position:
Position: Education Officer – 2 (Bara)
· Basic Education Offices are responsible to implement education activities such as training, assessment, onsite coaching to the teachers, life skills sessions, parenting education etc. closely working with Education Coordinator.
· One officer will be responsible for 10 schools.
· Prepare strategic plan on project operation in collaboration with donor organization, local government, schools, child clubs and other stakeholders in project area, and execute the project interventions in best way.
· Develop required standards of project interventions for the support to schools, children and community ensuring all the norms of inclusiveness for child participation.
· Formation of community groups like child clubs, parents’ groups and girls’ clubs and mobilize them for their empowerment and capacity strengthening.
· Conduct orientation, interaction and discussion for sensitizing communities on child rights, child protection and other educational issues as required.
· Facilitate workshop and training for enhancing capacity of teachers, child club members, parents and community stakeholders on educational as well as child protection issues; mostly on inclusive classroom pedagogy / practices, classroom management, school leadership, and on child right, child protection and child participation.
· Extend coordination with concerned local government, schools, community networks (child club, child right committee) and other likeminded organizations, civil society and seek collaboration.
· Participate in the programs/ meeting and discussions held at district/ community level and share the learnings/ experiences.
· Prepare the monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and event reports.
· Ensure the quality program implementation at field through day-to-day monitoring.
· Support to Education Officer as per need.
Qualification and required skills:
Bachelors’ Degree in Education or in relevant field with at least 3 years working experience in education / child protection, preferably in inclusive education. The candidate must have a valid motorbike/scooter license and be willing to travel in the community frequently.
Strong command of Nepali, English (oral and written) and local language preferred/required.
Women and members of ethnic or marginalized communities are encouraged to apply for this position.
Other Attributes for all positions: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
Candidates between 21 years to 45 years are only eligible to apply for the above position, depending upon the nature of job they will carry.
Aasaman Nepal has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we are protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
Monitor staff and partners’ and ensure adherence to Aasaman Nepal’s policies and internal procedures, protocols, Aasaman Nepal’s code of Conduct with special attention to Safeguarding Standards and Procedure, Case Handling Framework, Child Protection and Do No Harm Policies. Also, immediate reporting and redress of any complaints and issues based on its severity.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application file by downloading the link below along with an updated CV by 7 days 03/01/2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the recruitment process. No telephone enquiry is entertained. ASN reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.