Aasaman Nepal (ASN) ‘A pioneer organization for education and nutrition’, is one of the leading Terai based NGOs led and managed by social activists since its establishment in Dhanusha, Janakpur in 1999. ASN has been engaged in developing and implementing programs aimed at protection, promotion and fulfillment of child rights in Nepal. Currently ASN has been working in 17 districts under 6 Thematic Areas as: Education/Child Protection, Women Empowerment, Livelihood/ Natural Resource Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Health/ Nutrition and Good Governance.
The Aasaman Nepal is looking for the self-motivated, result oriented and hard-working Nepali citizen for the following position based on Janakpur:
1. Administration and Finance Officer – One (Female only) (Janakpur)
Admin and Finance Officer will be responsible to provide support in finance, administration, and logistics management for project, and ensure that financial records are maintaining properly, including processing journal vouchers, reconciling accounts and preparing reports. Ensure all required compliances, which include budget details forecast, payment and disbursements; procurement review; monitoring and reporting. The position reports to the project manager and partner organization.
A. Manage Accounting System
- Prepare the accounts payable of travel and business advance on time with approval of supervisors on time.
- Accounts payable for payments to suppliers and vendors with ensuring all the supporting documents on time.
- Ensure the tax calculation and deduction on the source of payment as per Income tax act of Nepal. Preparation of Tax, cheque and deposition on time.
- Management of office Petty Cash disbursement regularly with proper cash balance as the organizational policy.
- Prepare cash disbursement voucher as per Financial Management Policy and enter valid account code, cost center, donor combination, project number on all vouchers according to chart of account.
B. Record keeping and reporting
- Ensure all vouchers are developing with reference of finance policy and procedure.
- Real-time data entry and provide required information to the concerned.
- Preparation of trial-balance and bank reconciliation and develop the financial report as prescribed format and submit to the concerned as timely manner.
C. Ensure sound internal control systems and excellent stewardship in communities
- Conduct financial monitoring of program activities as per the financial monitoring tools and risk factors.
- Report the observation findings to the supervisor upon conducting each financial monitoring and provide recommendation for improvement.
- Responsible for review, analysis and submit the financial reports with compliance are meeting.
- Assist and orient to the team in using the forms and format maintaining the consistency for finance and procurement.
- Assist the program team in developing budgets, standard costing, implementation plans and help determine any necessary arrangements including cost-sharing.
- Support to Project Coordinator to review the project detailed implementation plan and budgets to determine optimal utilization/allocation of funds of project.
- Manage cash flow concerning the project activities, including the timely release of funds and cash forecasting to ensure smooth implementation of project intervention with close coordination of Project Manager and Executive Director.
- Ensure minimum financial standards and compliances are applying as agreed between organization and donor.
D. Administration, Maintenance and Communication:
- Implement safety measures and contribute to conduct regular safety (SOPs) briefing regarding equipment, movements and means of communication to staff.
- Responsible to document and file the legal and statutory records, maintain and update files with legal and statutory documents safe, confidential and accessible, and ensure to record all contractual documents.
- Handling, receiving, and responding the phone calls, letters and information.
- Participate in internal work meetings and discuss on logistic and operational issues. Attend meetings/trainings, when organized or requested.
- Values in the approach to work and relationships with colleagues and fellow friends
- Maintain highest working ethics and integrity
- Manage office supplies stock and place orders
- Prepare regular reports on expenses and office budgets
- Maintain and update business partner databases
- Organize a filing system for important and confidential documents
- Answer queries by the employees and clients regarding finance and compliance
- Assist to project team in logistic arrangement for meetings, trainings, workshop and other program as required
- Distribute and store correspondence (e.g., letters, and packages)
- Arrange travel, accommodations and guest relations as per necessity
- Organize and manage the schedules and calendars for the project team
- Receive and process the communication channels, including email, phone, and physical mail
- Develop a payroll and personnel database for human resources in the project
- Ensure functionality of necessary office equipment, and requisitioning new equipment and supplies as needed
- Offer assistance in organizing events, including ordering materials and requisitioning meeting spaces
- Attend meetings and record notes and messages for the project team
- Perform duties as assigned by supervisor
E. Procurement, logistics and maintenance
- Responsible for local procurement of the goods and services following the standard practices, in rational and systematic manner in adherence to procurement guideline as abide by all prevailing compliance and ethical procedures, respecting the humanitarian rules.
- Maintain the transparency of the process, the commercial rules about fair competitiveness; standardize the local market, maintaining the quality of goods/service to be procured, considering the operating and maintenance costs.
- Avoid situations and conditions that may involve or show connections with conflict of interest, corruption, fraud, financial malfeasance by ensuring the transparency in the use of procedures. Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Control order performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages, reconcile or resolve value discrepancies.
- Prepares all appropriate and complete documentation from Purchase Request to donation/stock consumption including but not limited to quotations collected, evaluation grid, supplier details, product details etc.
- Maintain regular communication with local stakeholder and beneficiaries for providing logistics support in field operation.
- Organize the logistics arrangement for project activities such as workshops, trainings, seminars, meetings etc. and participate in program support.
F. Fleet Management
- Inspects and ensure the staff safety, and vehicle use guidelines in rented/owned vehicles. Make sure that the drivers drive the vehicles in the respect of the safety rules.
- Ensure proper recording on fleet management of vehicles (owned or rented) (e.g., logbooks, fuel consumption etc.)
- Responsible to book hotels, and flights and accompany visitor logistics support need etc. as per approved/ shared travel plans.
G. Stock and Asset
- Ensure that all equipment is well organized and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, safety, access, etc.). Update the inventory record of the equipment, furniture and other items including periodic physical verification of inventories and report.
- Responsible to maintain the regular need of office including but not limited to stationaries, office supplies, drinking water, tea/coffee, electricity, cleaning, communication, and other essential items in the field complying the environment policy and other relevant guidelines.
- Route, schedule, pack and prepare orders for delivery; load vehicles; schedule and oversee deliveries and pick-ups.
Qualification and required skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Business Administration with courses in accounting. Masters would be a plus. Minimum of Five years of experience in an operation and finance position with similar responsibilities is required, preferably with an international or NGO with construction related project’s experience.
Languages: Strong command of Nepali, English (oral and written) and local language preferred/required.
Aasaman Nepal has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we are protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
Other Attributes for all positions: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
Age Limit: Candidates between 21 years to 45 years are only eligible to apply for the above position, depending upon the nature of job they will carry.
All employees must adhere to child safeguarding in person’s provisions covered in the project agreement.
Monitor staff and partners’ and ensure adherence to Aasaman Nepal’s policies and internal procedures, protocols, Aasaman Nepal’s code of Conduct with special attention to Safeguarding Standards and Procedure, Case Handling Framework, Child Protection and Do No Harm Policies. Also, immediate reporting and redress of any complaints and issues based on its severity.
- Locals, especially women and members of ethnic or marginalized communities are encouraged to apply for this position.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the further process.
- Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application filled by downloading the link below along with an updated CV by 7 days 19/06/2023.
Please note that these positions are conditional and hiring process will be undertaken as per fund availability.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the recruitment process. No telephone enquiry is entertained. ASN reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.